Thursday 24 March 2011

My FAVOURITE Vegetable Soup Recipe

I have to give credit to Liz for the idea behind this soup because I pretty much just copied her, but it has become a favourite in my house!!!  It's so easy, and very healthy too!  And the chick peas are a great source of protein so you don't have to add any meat to "balance" it out!!



You'll need:
  • 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 2 potatoes , washed peeled & chopped(I dont always use them but they make the soup "heartier" if you're in the mood)
  • 1 small onion chopped as fine as you like
  • 4+ cloves of garlic (yumm) chopped up
  • 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil(evoo)
  • 1/4 tsp curry powder
  • 1 can chick peas, rinsed well and drained
  • handful of any frozen veggies you happen to have!  I like using corn, green beans, broccoli or even fresh celery
  • 1 can of crushed tomatoes
  • 1 carton of vegetable broth (campbells or the store brand)
So you start out by getting a big pot, pour in your EVOO, add garlic and onions and carrots and curry.  Let is sautee for a few minutes while stirring.  Then slowly add your potatoes, chick peas and veggies and then the broth and tomatoes.
Voila!  Let it cook all day :)



It's DELICIOUS served with shredded cheddar cheese on top too!!!  But then I think you can add cheese to just about anything because I LOOOOVE cheese <3


No comments:

Post a Comment