Thursday 10 March 2011

Easy and Yummy Dinner Ideas :)

Since I'm hoping to generate enough traffic to get revenue from ads being on here I figured I might as well try to write things that are useful as well as just entertaining (like my life is THAT entertaining lol)

I get a lot of people telling me my dinners sound delish, so here are some great and quick dinner ideas that always go over well in my house :)

  • Chili - we use ground turkey or pork because I can't tolerate red meat. But just throw whatever you have into it!  I've recently been told adding dark CHOCOLATE makes it super tasty!  And if you cook up your meat early in the day you just throw it all in the crock pot/slow cooker and dinner cooks itself all day!
  • Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Casserole - this is a FAVOURITE here.  It's ridiculously easy.  If you don't have leftover chicken breasts just cook some up and chop it into bite sized pieces. 
You'll need:
2 cups chopped cooked chicken,
2 tsp chicken bouillon
1 can cream mushroom soup
1 cup long grain rice
1 cup (i use way more) shredded cheddar cheese
sprinkle of onion salta and garlic powder
1 bag (about 10oz) of frozen broccoli
3 cups of water.
Throw it all in the crock pot on low for about 5 hours.  YUM :)
  • Sweet & Spicy Pork Tenderloin  - just add a can of cranberry sauce (jellied) and a jar of chili sauce (like Heinz or something)  to the crock pot with a pork tenderloin.  Let it cook on low for about 3-4 hours and its GREAT with rice and veggies or mashed potatoes and veggies :)
  • Tacos! - we forgot about tacos for a long time, and with my "no red meat" they just didn't sound appetizing.  But now I we use ground turkey or pork and they're delicious! 
  • Homemade Mac & Cheese - not as hard as I thought.  Just cook your pasta, while it's cooking make up a cheese sauce!  Butter in the saucepan, add equal parts of flour when its melted and whisk like crazy for about 2 minutes, then add milk while still whisking until it's nice and thick, then comes the cheese.  You can use shredded cheese or cheese whiz.  Whatever you like.  Drain your pasta, pour on the cheese sauce and voila.  It's nothing fancy, but it tastes better than what's in the box!!!

I'll write up some more when little MISS has her nap, right now I'm being asked for lunch, and of course some play time :)

What are YOUR quick and easy dinner ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment