Tuesday 17 May 2011

Cabbage Roll Casserole

Do you like cabbage rolls?
I love them!!
But I've never made them myself.  Apparently it's an art lol.
Thanks to my fabulous next door neighbour, I can now make this delicious casserole, and it's just like I'm eating cabbage rolls!
You have to try it! :)

Here's what you'll need;  

  • 1 head of cabbage
  • 2 cups of minute rice
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 1 can tomato juice (i think it's a 1liter can of Heinz that I use, but I'm sure they have a store brand)
  • 1-2lbs ground beef (I switch this for ground pork or turkey bc I can’t tolerate red meat)
  • 1 chopped onion (optional)
  • + your own seasonings.
 Then you follow these super-easy steps:

  • Fry ground meat with onion and your choice of seasonings. 
  • Remove tough pieces and core of cabbage, chop the rest and put in a large roasting pan.
  • Add rice, tomato juice-sauce-and soup. 
  • Stir in ground beef mixture and bake at 375 for 1 hour.
YUM! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment